Saturday, June 14, 2008

random stuff no one's interested in

Yeah, so on Thursday, I'm going to my sister's graduation in Northwestern University. The more I think about it, the more I get pissed off. Like going to NU is like slapping myself in the face for being such a disgrace to the family for not getting into HPME when I was so close to getting in. This close . Basically, the only thing that stood in my way was the damn interview that I totally failed. So yeah, all of my high school efforts just went to waste when I came to UMKC med program as a failure to my family name. And I don't know what's wrong with her. She like keeps getting smarter every year. Like in high school, my sister was pretty pwnage at school (i.e. graduating second in the class, owning the SATs, and only one in Irvine district to get HPME in her year), but then she got...even better in college. And like, her undergraduate major is biology, but somehow she does better in her math/physics classes than in her bio/chem classes. I find that strange.

Cell biology. Well yeah, in this class, we learn about...cells. It's so damn boring. Like today in the library, I had to literally slap and pinch myself to keep myself awake and finish the two chapters that I was supposed to finish reading today. Wow, I better like, get an A in this class, or else that'll be really sad and pathetic.

Writing intensive. The latter word is not an overstatement for this course. The first day, our assignment was to write a freaking 5 page essay commenting on two different pieces of work. That was so freaking gay. I'm like shivering with fright on what we're going to do later in the semester.

No comments: